Friday, November 26, 2010

Progress: The Plan

I have been working on formulating a plan for my crafting. I have thought about just going with the flow and crafting whatever I feel like, but that is the quickest way to a long list of unfinished projects. No. I need to work on finishing the projects I start. Then I thought about theme crafting. I love searching online for crafts with a common theme, such as the color blue, or things to do with newspapers, or all butterflies all the time, or whatever holiday is coming up next.
Inspired by this project here, http://seren-zipitydoda.blogspot.com/2010/08/words-to-learn-from.html , my family is in the process of choosing their words for the next year. I am choosing celebrate because I want to learn how to celebrate my life every day, and I want to form holiday traditions all through the year that my children may carry on when they're grown. 7-Boy chose create because he loves making projects with me, and he has been learning lots of different methods for crafting on his own. 4-Girl chose faith because she is becoming aware of the reason why we go to church. 3-Girl chose charity because she loves to be helpful, and she loves to make gifts for others. Now we're just waiting on Daddy's word, but if I had to choose one for him, it would be sustain because he is forever trying to grow the food for our table and help us become a little more self-sufficient as the years go by. I know he tries so hard, and I just would like him to know that his family sustains him and is grateful for all that he does. We'll see what he chooses.
Since my word is celebrate I thought I should focus my crafting on holidays and gifts for the next year. Including the gifts allows me to work on projects that do not specifically have a holiday theme, but still gives those projects a purpose. I thought I'd also like to include projects that coordinate with the rest of the words my family has chosen, featuring projects that each family member works on. Each project will be filed under the appropriate word, and at the end of the year we'll choose new words.
I hope to keep up with this blog as we create this next year. It would make a really great record for us to reflect on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment